- Each competitor must be a member of NABBA.
NABBA FITNESS COMPETITOR RULES
In round one (1)
- Competitors will compete in a two-piece suit and the bottom of the suit must be v-shaped. No thongs are permitted. All swimsuits must be in good taste and not revealing.
- Competitors must wear high heels
- Competitors may wear jewelry.
- Round two (2) is maximum two minute routine.
- The contestants should have shape to their muscles but not size, definition or vascularity as in bodybuilding physique. If these are present the contestant will be score low.
For national level contests that are professional qualifiers:
- Up to and including 5’2”
- Over 5’2” and up to and including 5’4-1/2”
- Over 5’4-1/2”
A promoter can choose to have fewer height classes for non national level contests as follows:
- 1 Class may be used at regional competitions
For all contests with two (2) classes:
- Up to and including 5’3”
- Over 5’3”
Competitors will be checked in and measured along with suits inspected.
- The contestants will be brought out on stage and lined up for quarter turns.
Two Piece Swimsuit – Round 1:
- Competitors will be judged wearing a two-piece swimsuit and heels.
- Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other
Scoring – Round 1:
Judges will score the degree of athleticism using the following criteria:
- Overall physical appearance including –
- Overall Presentation
Fitness – Round 2:
Each athlete will perform a maximum two minute routine.
Scoring – Round 2:
Judges will use four (4) aspects to score this round using the following criteria:
- Strength – The amount and types of strength moves along with the degree of difficulty of these moves along with ease and correctness of the moves.
- Flexibility – The number and types of flexibility moves along with the degree of difficulty of these moves. The ease and correctness of the moves are also taken into consideration.
- Cardiovascular – The tempo of the routine.
- Overall Package – Full general assessment including but not limited to creativity, stage presence, outfits, hair, make-up, effortless movement.
All athletes will be introduced at the finals in their two-piece swimsuits. Only the finalists will perform their routines. After all classes are completed the trophies will be awarded. At competitions where there is more than one class the class winners will be brought back in their two-piece swimsuits. Quarter turns will be done. The judges will then decide on the overall winner based on their physique and routine.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITIONS
- Competitors that place in the top five (5) in each class at national qualifying contests.
- One-year qualification from time date of show.
The fitness routine and will be scored as 1/3 on Physique/2-Piece Swimsuit and 2/3 on the 2 Minute Fitness Routine. The 2 Minute Fitness Routine scores will be doubled. The mandatory movements within the routine, in no specific order, in Women’s Fitness are as follows:
- Push Up (of any kind)
- High Kicks
- Straddle Hold
- Side Split
The Physique/2-Piece Swimsuit round will be judged during prejudging and the 2 Minute Fitness Routine will be performed and scored during finals. It is suggested that finals begin with the 2 Minute Fitness Routine.